Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Islamabad seeks to recruit a suitably qualified
DRIVER (male / female / diverse)
to be employed at the Embassy´s Administration starting 1 January 2021.
The Job description includes:
- Driving of vehicles of the Embassy (soft skin and armored vehicles)
- Taking care of cleanliness and maintenance of the Embassy’s vehicles
- Tasks depending on the needs of the Embassy can be assigned
The applicants should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Valid driving license, including LTV
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience as a driver with a safe driving record
- Mechanical skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and Urdu, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of road networks in Islamabad and Rawalpindi
- Medically fit to perform the required duties
Knowledge and expertise in the following areas would be considered an asset:
- Armored vehicle driving certification or experience in driving armored vehicles
- Previous work experience in an organization (diplomatic mission, international organization or private company)
- Knowledge of German, Pashto or any other language
- Ability to interact with local and foreign colleagues as a team player
- Intercultural flexibility and excellent communication and social skills
- Professional manners, groomed and self-assured appearance
- Honesty, reliability, punctuality, commitment and dedication to the job
- A strong sense of responsibility and ability to perform reliably, even in a stressful and busy environment
The Embassy is offering a full-time position with a working time of 41 hours in shifts. Regarding the contractual relationship, Pakistani law will be applicable. Salary is based on the Embassy’s current salary scheme. Benefits such as medical insurance are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions. Probation period is 6 months.
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany guarantees equal opportunities for women and men and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply for the position.
Within the legal framework applications with severe disabilities will receive preferential treatment, if they possess the same professional qualifications as their competitors.
Please submit (hard-copy only):
• Your curriculum vitae, stating email address and phone number
• A motivational statement in form of a signed letter
• Proof of qualification (degrees, certifications, etc.)
• Driving license
• References of previous employers
• Foreign nationals have to provide a permit for employment under local law
until 20 November 2020
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
Ramna 5, Diplomatic Enclave
Late applications and applications by email will not be considered. Do not send original documents. The embassy will neither acknowledge receipt of applications, nor return documents or reply to any queries about the state of an application.
Should your application be considered, you will be informed before or on 25 November 2020 and be invited to the Embassy for an interview. You will then be required to present original documents. Please note that the Embassy is unable to refund travel expenses arising from interviews. Should you not be invited for an interview, please accept that your application was not successful.
Please note that the selected applicant is obliged to undergo a medical examination and pass security clearance by the German authorities.