Germany´s “Micro-Project-Scheme” has been set up in 1980 to support the underprivileged groups of society to improve their social and economic situation through “self-help”-projects. For example, local committees, associations, welfare societies, schools and kindergartens have been supported through this mechanism in the past.
The support consists of a financial donation that has generally a limit of about
EURO 25.000.-- per project
and should be dedicated to a well-defined project. (It can also be part of a large-scale project).
Please send the application form by post (filled out in English or German only) to the German Embassy or Consulate in which you
- describe your organisation (members, financial background, etc.),
Project applications for Sindh and Balochistan shall be submitted to the German Consulate General Karachi (Address: 92-A/7, Block 5, Clifton, Karachi, Pakistan).
Please keep in mind that the following costs cannot be funded: salaries of your organisation's workers; administration and travel expenses; operational and recurring costs in general; acquisition of land or allocation of loans.
Examples of project areas are
- purchasing machinery, equipment, tools;
- providing learning/teaching aids;
- generating income, basic education and health;
- improving the living conditions through fresh water, small power generating projects or ameliorating the infrastructure.