Current waiting time for visa appointment: 4 months
Documents to be submitted for a jobseeker visa
Please note that all copies of your documents have to be
Embassy Islamabad: Please provide two sets of A4 size photocopies.
Consulate General Karachi: Please provide two set of A4 size photocopies.
You have to arrange each set of documents according to the order in which they are mentioned below.
1. Application form
- signed by the applicant
2. Biometric picture
- not older than three months and white background
|3. Proof of stay in Germany (e.g. hotel reservation)|
4. Your curriculum vitae
5. Proof of sufficient financial means by way of one of the Options
a) Proof of blocked account (Sperrkonto) in the name of the applicant showing a minimum balance of 5118 Euro (Euro 853 per month of stay in Germany, i.e. 6 x Euro 853, and the remark that the account holder can dispose of a monthly amount of Euro 853 only).
UBL Bank in Pakistan
Information on providers that offer this service worldwide is available on the Federal Foreign Office - Blocked Accounts Website.
b) “Verpflichtungserklärung” = formal obligation letter from a friend or relative residing in Germany issued by the local immigration Authority in Germany.
c) Income proof and bank statements of last 6 months of yourself or of your sponsor in Pakistan (If you provide income proof and bank statements from your sponsor, please attach a letter from your sponsor that he is ready to cover your expenses during your studies. If the sponsor is your mother/father, please also provide a copy of their ID card. If the sponsor is a sibling, please also provide their ID card and your FRC to prove your relation to the sponsor.)
6. Documentation of your school, college and academic degree and employment history - if any
- B.A., BSC, B.COM, BBA, BCS, M.A., MSc. etc.-
- The academic degrees and transcripts need to be attested by HEC (Higher Education Commission) if done in Pakistan
- You have to prove the equivalence of your foreign university degree to a German university degree. For this you have to submit a statement of comparability (KMK website) or an Anabin-extract matching your main subject and your university exactly (Anabin website)
7. Passport copies page 1 and 2
Of all your passports starting with the most recent one you want to travel on. If you lost a passport, please provide police certificate regarding the loss instead
8. Valid health insurance
-Needs to be signed
Please note that Category “D” national visas for job seekers are normally issued with a validity of 6 months from the date of travel onwards to enable the passport holder to enter Germany and to avoid the necessity for the passport holder to register with the competent alien’s authority (as the complete stay in Germany is covered by the visa).
Please provide the Visa Section with a travel health insurance valid for at least 6 months from your intended date of travel onwards so that a visa with a validity of 6 months may be issued.
For the possibilities to take out health insurance please see the following link:
9. Information about any previous visa refusals
If you have been refused a visa by an Embassy or High Commission, written explanation about reason for application and refusal letter are required.
12. Appointment confirmation e-mail (only for Embassy Islamabad)
- including the provided booking code (e.g. “isla_9729717”)
Please be informed that you have to provide all documents as originals (including all of your passports). They will be returned to on the same day (except the passport you intend to travel on which stays with the Embassy during the processing time of your visa application).
You can find a print-out version of this page under the following link: Jobseeker visa - leaflet