Important information for all applicants:
- Please first read the German Mission´s Important notes to our visitors.
- Pakistani citizens need a visa to travel to Germany. Applicants from Afghanistan need to book their appointment on a different webpage: Visa: Afghan Applicants
- The purpose of your intended travel and other facts will determine what type of visa is required under EU and German law. As a visa applicant, you will have to make sure that you meet all requirements to receive the category of visa for which you are applying. To this end see the explanations for short-term / Schengen visa and long-term / national German visa
- In order to apply for a visa you need an appointment (one per applicant; no reservation of multiple appointment dates for the same person allowed). Please note that all visa appointments at the German Missions in Pakistan can only be booked online. Please find the respective links further down the page. We ask for your understanding that appointment requests by phone or e-mail will remain unanswered. Requests for special appointments will be screened and answered in justified emergency cases within five working days.
- Visa applications can only be submitted in person. Visa applications of minors need to include the written consent of their parents/custodians.
The processing time for short-term “Schengen” visa applications is usually about two weeks after handing in the application. Airport transit visa applications are processed in about three working days. Student and work visa applications take five to ten weeks depending on the category. The processing time of family reunion visa applications is on average six to twelve months.
Due to the current travel restrictions to the EU, new job seeker applications will neither be taken in nor will the pending applications be processed.
- The outcome of the Brexit negotiations might have an effect on some visa applications. For current information please have a look at the following link: Brexit
- Obligation to declare cash in amounts of EUR 10,000 or more entering or leaving the EU: All travellers entering or leaving the European Union with €10,000 or more in cash must declare the sum to Customs. This initiative has been taken to assist the efforts being made at EU level to tackle crime and improve security by cracking down on money laundering, terrorism and criminality.
- Applications at the Embassy Islamabad : Please note that at the time of the application an amount of 500,- PKR is due for returning the passports through a courier service.
- While submitting the application, you will receive a payment request. Please take this request to the Standard Chartered Bank, Diplomatic Enclave Branch only, and pay the requested visa fee. The bank will report your payment to the Embassy. A fee of 700,- PKR will be levied by the bank. Please note that in case your appointment coincides with an official banking holiday, the payment of fees cannot be settled that day.
- Applications at the Consulate General Karachi : Please note that the visa fee (equivalent in PKR) has to be paid in CASH at time of submission.
Schengen visa / Short-term visa (cat. “C”)
80€ (in PKR)
Schengen visa (children aged 6 to 12)
40€ (in PKR)
Airport transit (cat. “A”)
80€ (in PKR)
National German Long Term Visa (e.g. study, family reunion) (cat. “D”)
75€ (in PKR)
Children aged 0-17 for family reunion 37,50€ (in PKR)
Spouses/children of citizens of the EU
exempted from visa fees
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care, we can not accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.
International flights Flight service to and from Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad with connecting flights to Germany may change at short notice due to high safety Standards in order to prevent further…