- All documents must be submitted twice, sorted into two different sets in the order as mentioned below
- Certificates, diplomas, etc. must be presented in the original and attested by the HEC. Your original documents will be returned to you once your application has been accepted.
- The visa must, where applicable, be approved by the Federal Employment Agency and the competent foreigners authority. The visa can only be issued when these approvals have been received.
- Processing time is as a rule approx. 2 months, but can take longer in individual cases.
- Flight reservations are not required to apply for a visa – please only book flights/tickets once you have received your visa.
- The German Embassy Islamabad reserves the right to request further documents.
- Missing documentation delays the procedure and can result in your application being rejected.
- Please do not contact the Embassy to check the status of your application during the normal processing period. Such inquiries are extremely time-consuming for the visa section and can thus not be answered.
General Information on Au Pairs
- Young adults aged 18 or over but under the age of 27 can be granted a visa to work as an au-pair for a period of at least six months and not longer than twelve months.
- The aim of au-pair stays is to improve language skills and broaden horizons by getting to know the host country.
- Only one au-pair stay in Germany is possible.
- Pakistani au-pairs cannot stay with relatives or Pakistani families in Germany, as the stay is meant to broaden your horizons. The host family must speak German as their family language.
Use the following checklist to make sure your application documents are complete. All documents listed here are to be submitted in two identical sets in the requested form and order. The documents needs to be submitted in A4, complete and not stapled.
Visa application checklist – Au Pair
|Application form, signed by the applicant, including recent (2 weeks old) biometric passport photos|
Signed au-pair contract based on the specimen contract published by the Federal Employment Agency
Questionnaire filled in by the host parents
Letter of motivation detailing expectations of planned stay and anticipated career and personal benefits, as well as future plans
|Residence registration certificate of the host family|
|Your Curriculum Vitae|
|Proof of German language skills at A1 level in the form of a recognised language diploma|
|Passport copies: Copies of Page 1 and 2 of all your passports starting with the most recent one you want to travel on. If you lost a passport, please provide police certificate regarding the loss instead|
|ID card copy|
|Proof of adequate health insurance cover provided by the host parents and travel health insurance|
|If applicable: Information about any previous visa refusals. If you have been refused a visa, please supply us with a written explanation and the refusal letter|
|Declaration as per § 54 (2) S. 8 in combination with § 53 Residence Act|
|Printout of the appointment confirmation e-mail; including the provided booking code (e.g. “isla_9729717”)|
|Visa fee of 75,- €. Payable in PKR.|