Documents to be submitted for a work visa
Please note that all copies of your documents have to be
Embassy Islamabad: Please provide two sets of A4 size photocopies.
Consulate General Karachi: Please provide one set of A4 size photocopies.
In case you apply for a visa as a speciality cook please provide three sets of A4 size photocopies. Please also bring 50.000,00 PKR in 5000er notes for the necessary document verification.
You have to arrange each set of documents according to the order in which they are mentioned below.
1. Application form
- signed by the applicant
2. Biometric picture
- not older than three months and white background
and employment contract
|- Filled out by your employer|
- In case you apply for a procedure to get your foreign professional qualification recognized you also have to submit the additional sheet to the confirmation of the employment relationship filled out by your employer
4. Consent from the Federal Agency for Work (“Vorabzustimmung”) if applicable
5. Your curriculum vitae
6. Documentation of your school, college and academic degree or vocational training qualification and employment history - if any
- B.A., BSC, B.COM, BBA, BCS, M.A., MSc. etc.-
- The academic degrees and transcripts need to be attested by HEC (Higher Education Commission) if done in Pakistan
- You have to prove the equivalence of your foreign university degree to a German university degree. For this you have to submit a statement of comparability (https://www.kmk.org/zab/zentralstelle-fuer-auslaendisches-bildungswesen/zeugnisbewertung-fuer-auslaendische-hochschulqualifikationen.html) or an Anabin-extract matching your main subject and your university exactly (https://anabin.kmk.org/anabin.html)
7. Passport copies page 1 and 2
Of all your passports starting with the most recent one you want to travel on. If you lost a passport, please provide police certificate regarding the loss instead
8. ID card copy
9. Proof of adequate health insurance cover
If as an employee you are subject to mandatory statutory health insurance, you must bear in mind that this insurance can only begin when you take up residence in Germany and enter into employment. If you enter Germany beforehand, private health insurance must be taken out for the period prior to employment beginning and prior to being eligible for statutory health insurance. In its terms and conditions, travel health insurance can exclude protection if a long-term or permanent stay is planned. So-called incoming travel insurance can also contain such exclusions.
Needs to be signed
For the possibilities to take out health insurance please see the following link:
Please note that Category “D” national visas for work are normally issued with a validity of 3 months from the date of travel onwards to enable the passport holder to enter Germany and register at the relevant authorities (Ausländerbehörde). For the convenience of the passport holder it is now possible to issue such a visa with the validity of 6 months, if a matching travel health insurance or proof for subsequent, valid health insurance upon arrival and start of your employment in Germany is provided.
10. Information about any previous visa refusals
If you have been refused a visa by an Embassy or High Commission, written explanation about reason for application and refusal letter are required.
13. Appointment confirmation e-mail (only for Embassy Islamabad)
- including the provided booking code (e.g. “isla_9729717”)
You also have to provide all original documents (including all of your passports). They will be returned to you on the same day (except the passport you intend to travel on which stays with the Embassy during the processing time of your visa application).
You can find a print-out version of this page under the following link: Print-out version work visa requirements
New rules for the immigration of skilled workers to Germany will enter into force in early 2020. The new law extends the opportunities for qualified professionals from outside the European Union to come to work in Germany.