As a Pakistani national you require an airport transit visa (that is a visa for a stay within the transit area of an airport, not leaving the airport).
Please note that a stay in airport transit areas is only possible at the airports in Frankfurt/Main and Munich within 24 hours.
Transit on the same day is possible at
between 04.30am - 11:30pm
between 04:30am - 11:00pm
between 06:00am - 09:00pm
Berlin Tegel (TXL)
between 06:00am - 11:00pm
provided an arriving and departing on a flight operated by Air Berlin with a minimum connection time of 75 minute
However, as a Pakistani national you do not require an airport transit visa, if
- you have a visa or residence permit of a Schengen country or
- you have a permanent residence permit of Andorra, Canada, Japan, Monaco, San Marino or United States of America or
- you have a visa of Irleland, UK, Romania, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Liechtenstein, Japan, Canada or the United States of America or
- you are a family member of an EU-citizen or
- you hold a Diplomatic passport.
In order to speed up the procedure at the visa counter, you are kindly requested to present the documents exactly in the same order as indicated below.
- one application form
- signed by the applicant
- two passport photos
- not older than six months
- no computer print-outs accepted
- valid passport
- Passport needs to be valid for three months after the expiry of the applied visa
- former passports
- if any
- valid visa for the country of final destination
- company letter
- issued by the company you are working for
- this letter is only necessary if you are travelling officially.
- completed list of your children and
- completed list of relatives (including children) living outside of Pakistan
- security questionnaire
- valid health insurance
- please submit the original and one copy
- booked and confirmed round-trip ticket
- stating itinerary, departure and arrival times
For applicants at the Embassy only: Please provide a copy of the appointment confirmation e-mail
- including the provided booking code (e.g. “isla_588207”)
For applications at the Embassy Islamabad, please note that at the time of application an amount of 500,- PKR is due for returning the passports through a courier service.
While submitting the application, you will be given a pay slip. Please take this slip to the Standard Chartered Bank, Diplomatic Enclave Branch only, and pay the visa fee. The bank will report your payment to the Embassy. A fee of 700,- PKR will be levied by the bank.
If your appointment falls on an official banking holiday, the payment of fees cannot be settled the same day.
For applications at the Consulate General Karachi, please note that the visa fee (equivalent in PKR) has to be paid in CASH at time of submission.
|Schengen visa / Short-term visa (cat. “C”)||80€ (in Rupees) NEW|
Schengen visa (children aged 6 to 12)
40€ (in Rupees) NEW
Airport transit (cat. “A”)
80€ (in Rupees) NEW
|National German visa (e.g. study family reunion, etc. - Long-term visa)|
75€ (in Rupees)
|Children aged 0-17 for family reunion||37,50€ (in Rupees)|
Spouses/children of citizens of the EU
exempted from visa fees
Here you can download the list of required documents for transit and airport transit visas.