- For visiting the so-called “Schengen States” for a period up to 90 days, Pakistani citizens have to obtain a visa category “Schengen”. Germany along with Austria, Belgium, the Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland have all acceded to the Schengen Agreement and are thus “Schengen States”.
- Pakistani citizens should apply for a Schengen visa at the mission of the country which is their main destination. The country of entry and departure is not the determining factor. Holders of Schengen visas (text on the visa reads “valid for Schengen states” in the language of the issuing country) may spend up to 90 days in a given 180 days period in the Schengen area, provided their visa is valid at the time.
- In order to apply for a visa you need an appointment (one per applicant; no reservation of multiple appointment dates for the same person allowed).
- The Embassy has changed the procedure for booking appointments for Schengen visas. Due to the constant high demand, we have decided to set up a waiting list in order to efficiently adapt the appointment allocation to the capacities of our visa office. To ensure that appointments are allocated fairly and smoothly, we ask all applicants to register on the waiting list. For this purpose, we need additional data to better understand your travel purpose. Therefore, please complete the waiting list registration carefully with the requested information. We recommend that you enter all the required data correctly and completely in order to avoid delays in the allocation of your appointment. You do not need to use an agency to register on the waiting list!
- Valid for Embassy in Islamabad only: If the biometrics of an applicant have been taken for a Schengen visa application during the last 59 months, he/she can book an appointment in the category “Booking of appointments for short-term/Schengen visas (Biometrics already taken for a Schengen visa application during the last 59 months)”.
- Apart from the online appointment for your visit at the Embassy in Islamabad or the Consulate General in Karachi, we kindly ask you to use the online visa-application form in order to make your personal appearance in the German Missions as efficient and convenient as possible. The print-out of the online application form includes a barcode on the last page, which you should bring along. The barcode can be used to automatically enter your application details in the Mission's computer system and will therefore significantly speed up the application process at the counter. Application forms are also available at the visa section - free of charge.
- Persons outside the visa section offering their services for the visa procedure neither work for nor work with the consent of the visa section. In case these persons do promise any favour regarding the issuance of a visa, please report to the visa officer at the Counter.
- The processing time for issuing short-term visa will take about fourteen days since handing-in the application. Especially during summer, there might be a considerable waiting period of more than four weeks for an appointment. Therefore, please book an appointment as soon as you know when you want to travel and compile the necessary documents before your interview. It is possible to apply for Schengen visa up to six months in advance of the journey.
Embassy Islamabad Visa Section
Tel: (0092-51) 2279430-35
|General Inquiries via phone|
Monday-Thursday from 14:00 - 16:00 hrs
No inquiries regarding the status of a specific visa application, please!
Consulate General Karachi
Tel.: (0092-21) 3587 3782
Fax: (0092-21) 3582 1597
Opening hours visa section
Monday to Friday: 8:30 - 11:00 hrs
Collection of passports
Monday to Thursday: 15:00 - 16:00
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care, we can not accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.
Applicants from Sindh and Balochistan book their appointment via this link.
We would like to inform you that the Embassy has changed the procedure for booking appointments for Schengen visas. Due to the constant high demand, we have decided to set up a waiting list in order to…